Images

Kate Spade New York Nails!

I love the Kate Spade New York Spring Summer collection, which debuted in New York last September, bursting with popping colour, cutesy gingham prints and retro accessories.

What drew my attention to the collection was the pretty gingham nail art by Deborah Lippmann which mirrored the cute gingham prints of the collection.
I loved the retro feel and the fun and frivolity that the whole collection seemed to exude and I wanted to capture this in my nail art designs.

Pictures from the fabguide.com

However instead of copying Deborah's nail art I decided to draw inspiration from the collection, referencing the prints and the accessories in my nail art from some of the key looks of the collection.

Looks 6, 22, 14,  11, 10 and 7. Images from Style.com
I loved the details of the accessories such as the 'Taxi' little tag and the 'Pop' Ipad case which I translated into the details of my nail art.

images from stylebistro.com

It was so much fun creating this nail set and I feel that I captured the feel of the Kate Spade New York Spring Summer collection.

My favourite nail designs include the Taxi speech bubble, the yellow daisy print and the retro sunglasses.





I hope you enjoyed looking at them too.

2 comments:

  1. These nails are absolutely amazing! where and how can i order a set please! I LOVE how you have taken inspiration from each part of the collection and pulled in all the small details, from the fabric pattern to the sunglass accessories. So very Clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your support and I'm glad you LOVE the nails.
    I will be launching the option to buy my nail sets very shortly but until then I am creating custom nail sets on request. Please email me at chunails@hotmail.co.uk to discuss a custom set of nails.

    Thank you and much love
    Rebecca Chu

    ReplyDelete