Images

GALAXY NAILS

These are my favourite nails so far - I love the texture and visual effects of the nails - they are definitely party nails. They are also much easier to make than they look.

For the nails I used:
Nails Inc - Christopher's Place (this was a limited edition Whistles polish)
Models Own - Aqua Violet Beetle Juice
OPI - Planks A Lot
Barry M - Pale Blue 306, Yellow 134 and Matt White 66


Start with a black consistent base coat as below. And then using a cut up sponge, sponge on the iridescent Aqua Violet Beetle Juice in a wave pattern across the nail. (I used a washing up sponge but if you want a finer texture use a make up sponge)


I then sponged on the lilac colour (OPI - Planks A Lot) following the wave pattern but not completely covering the iridescent colour.
I then used the blue colour (Barry M Pale Blue 306) and sponged patches onto to the nails leaving patches of the purple to show through.
Then finally going over the top with the yellow (Barry M - Yellow 134). This time I did over lap the blue and purple colours, allowing them to peep through at the edges, as you can see below.


Then following the curve of the waves I randomly dotted on white dots - i used my small dotting tool for this but you can get the same effect with a nail varnish brush and a steady hand.

The finishing touch was to paint on a fine clear silver glitter polish which added sparkle and gave the effect of stars, and also acted as a top coat.

Easy Peasy Galaxy Nails!


0 comments: